Thursday 26 July 2012

HAIR TIPS - HOW TO GET SILKY & HEALTHY HAIR


My hair is one of the things I like most about my self. But honestly, I think any type of hair can look amazing if it is being taken care of properly. So I decided to make this post in order to share the things that I find useful for having smooth, silky, soft and healthy-looking hair. Here are some tips and tricks that I have learned so far:

1. Detangle your hair before shower: It's really important to do this before showering, because after your hair is wet it is way more prone to breaking.

2. Wet your hair completely before applying any shampoo or conditioner, because it helps a lot with distributing the shampoo and the conditioner evenly in your hair, so your hair will be cleaner.

3. The right way to wash your hair is to apply the shampoo at the top and mid part of your hair, and the conditioner only from the middle down to the ends. Now this is a good advice because the top part of your hair is always a lot more moisturized than the ends. The natural oils that your scalp produce do not reach the ends, which is why they are dryer and need more moisture. And applying conditioner to the roots is never a good idea because it will only make your hair more oily.

4. The products to use are different from one person to another. Also, to decide whether a shampoo is right for you, it should be used for a few months in order to actually see a difference. So the only way to find out which one is right for you is to go and try them out!
     Another advice I have received is to try sulfate-free shampoos. Now, my shampoo is not sulfate free and I still love it, so it actually depends on each person.

5. Clear your hair completely: What I mean by this is to wash all the shampoo out of your hair. Otherwise your hair will be less shiny and you can even get dandruff.

6. Using hot tools: It's ok to use them, but always use a heat protectant. It will also help the hair keep it's shape, even if you straighten it or curl it.

7. Blowdrying your hair: For a few months I have tried not to blowdry my hair. At all! And I have decided to do this because I already use hot tools (like a straightener or curling iron), and I don't need more heat in my hair. So what I do is I wash my hair at night and let it dry naturally, so that in the morning I just need to style it and it's done. I am actually feeling a big difference as I have more silky and soft hair then before, so definitely try it out.

8. Teasing/ backcombing: I like to sometimes backcomb my hair to give it some volume and shape. It is not extremely damaging to the hair if you then brush your hair slowly starting from the ends to the top.

9. Trim you hair: Even if you are trying to grow it out, trim them regularly to get rid of split ends and make your hair look healthier. Split ends can't be repaired by any shampoo or conditioner, cause no product can glue them back together. What these products do is prevent them from splitting, so a trim from time to time is necessary.   

Hope this was helpful to you!


No comments:

Post a Comment